Automobile Electrical Services at Personalized Auto Care
Glenview, Northbrook, Wilmette, and Winnetka Automobile Electrical Repair Services
Your automobile is probably in need of some form of electrical service if it is starting to experience some of the symptoms below. More than likely, your car may have one of the possible problems associated with starters or alternators. Ignoring the problem will lead to car trouble ranging from "slow" starts to a car that does "not" start at all. Contact us or make an appointment online so we can determine the electric problem in your automobile.
- Warning Lights – Remember that warning lights are your friend. Although we initially feel some fear when they come on, they let us know that our auto is not working properly and needs some attention. When the “check engine” light comes on, it means your car needs immediate attention.
- Sight, Sound & Smell – Have the engine checked sooner rather than later if it is starting to make sounds you’ve never heard before. Over-heating electrical connections will create a burning smell, a symptom of a serious electrical circuit or fuse malfunction.
- Dim Lights – If your car’s headlights and interior lights dim periodically, it usually signifies an electrical issue. Alternators that aren’t working properly cannot keep a battery charged.
- Dead Battery - A dead battery is very common, especially in the freezing winter months when we use our auto’s lights for extended periods of time. Of course, it will also happen when the headlights or interior lights are left on without the car running. A jump-start should take care of the problem. But then don’t forget to have the car battery
inspected to see if it needs to be replaced. A strong battery can prevent future repairs to starters and alternators.
- Broken or Loose Electrical Connections - A single little wire or connection that is broken can lead to a myriad of electrical malfunctions in your car. Don’t delay in having an auto electrical service. Sometimes simply reconnecting an on-line fuse or connection can bring life back to your car.
We Are Your Automobile Electrical Repair Specialists
Providing First Class Customer Service!